Preparation time: 25 minutes
Total cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
– 5-8 long red chillies, seeded, chopped
– 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
– 8 cloves garlic, chopped
– oil, for cooking
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 350g (12 oz.) Chicken fillets, cut into strips
– 200g (6 1/2 oz.) Peeled raw prawns, deveined
– 8 cups (1.5kg / 3lb) cooked rice
– 1/3 cup (80ml / 23/4 fl oz.) Kecap manis
– 1/3 cup (80ml / 23/4 fl oz.) Soy sauce
– 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, finely chopped
– 1 large tomato, chopped
– lime wedges, to serve
1. Mix the chilli, the shrimp paste and the garlic in your food processor until the mixture becomes kind of a paste.
2. Heat the wok until it becomes hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl it around to coat the side. Then add the beaten eggs and, using a wok chan, push the egg up the edges of the wok for it to form a large omelette. Cook for about 1 minute or so over kind of medium heat, then flip it over and cook the other side for another minute. Then remove from the wok and cool it before slicing into thin strips.
3. After that, reheat the wok, add 1 tablespoon of oil and stir-fry all the chicken and half the chilli paste over very high heat until all the chicken is well cooked. Then remove the chicken from the wok.
4. Reheat the wok, add 1 tablespoon of oil and stir-fry it the prawns and the all remaining chilli paste until the prawns become well cooked. Then remove from the wok and set it aside.
5. Reheat the wok, add 1 tablespoon of oil and the all cooked rice, and toss it constantly over kind of medium heat for about 4 or 5 minutes, or until the rice becomes well heated through. Then add the kecap manis and the soy sauce, and toss them constantly until the rice is coated in the sauces. After that, return all the chicken and the prawns to the wok, and toss it until well heated through. Season them with freshly cracked salt and pepper. Then transfer to a deep serving bowl and top with the omelette strips, the cucumber and the tomato. Serve immediately with the lime wedges.
– Protein 30g;
– Fat 10g;
– Carbohydrate 70g;
– Dietary Fiber 3.5g;
– Cholesterol 140mg;
– Energy 2105kJ (505cal)